We provide a wide range of services for you from the practice, including:
- Advice and treatment for general health problems
- Minor illness and chronic disease management
- A range of vaccinations and immunisations such as flu, pneumococcal and shingles (please see more information below)
- Women’s and men’s health services
- Cervical cytology screening (please see more information below)
- Family Planning Advice – including contraceptives
- Maternity services for antenatal and postnatal care
- Some sexual health services, including chlamydia screening
- Dressing and suture removal
- Child health clinic
- Health promotion and disease prevention advice including alcohol, diet and exercise advice, and information about stopping smoking
- Travel vaccinations
Smears are offered to women aged between 25 and 65.
The national cervical screening programme is a method of preventing cancer by detecting and treating early abnormalities which, if left untreated, could lead to cancer (usually over a number of years). Most smears are now carried out by our practice nurses and for most women are quick and easy. Smears are only necessary at the appropriate intervals, but if you have worrying symptoms between smears please make an appointment to discuss them. If you are very anxious about having a smear again please come and talk to us about it.
Further information is available from http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cervical-screening-test/pages/introduction.aspx
As a practice we strongly believe children should be fully vaccinated (with very few exceptions). If you have any doubts about any vaccination please come and speak to the nurses or GPs here.
We are now able to protect children against a wide variety of potentially serious diseases. The routine schedule can be found here:
Advice and immunisations to patients travelling abroad are also available.
In addition to the nurses, we have staff who are specially trained in phlebotomy and our healthcare assistants can also carry out other procedures such as ECGs and blood pressure reviews.
You can make an appointment by phoning or calling in at reception or by booking online.